This collection of sculptures by Professor Jakub Rostowski and others also incorporates ten sculptures and two maquettes.
The sculptures were presented to the university by graduates of the Polish School of Medicine. Six of them are the work of the last Dean of the Polish School of Medicine, Professor Jakub Rostowski.
Professor Rostowski's sculptures
- Professor Jakub Rostowski was born on 4th February 1884
- Graduated MD from the University of Lwow and was Professor of Neurology in Lwow
- He took part in the 1939 campaign in Poland and was interred in Hungary and was attached to the Polish Military Hospital in Coetquidan in France
- He was a member of the Organising Committee of the Polish School of Medicine
- Appointed to the Chair of Neurology and Psychiatry in the Polish School of Medicine, and held this position from 1941-1949
- Dean of the School from 1946 to 1949 when the School finally closed
Professor Rostowski unveiled the commemorative plaque which can still be seen in the Medical Quadrangle in Teviot Place and also wrote a definitive history of the Polish School of Medicine which was published in 1955.