The Historical Collection was established in 1986 on the 45th anniversary of the founding of the Polish School of Medicine at the University of Edinburgh.
These photographs document the Polish Medical School students from their wartime days to reunions, including the Memorandum of Understanding and the rededication of the Historical Collection.
Since 1942 books have been published telling the remarkable story of the Polish School of Medicine, its staff and graduates.
There are a number of sculptures by Professor Rostowski and other sculptors within the collection.
Over the years graduates have gifted paintings and drawings to the collection.
The collection includes many medals of medical interest.
The porcelein tea service is one of only three such sets. One was given to General Charles De Gaulle in 1967; a second is believed to have been given to Chairman Mao Tse Tung and the third set was initially kept by the artist.