English proficiency requirements in order to be accepted to study.
If English is not your first language you must provide evidence of good written and spoken English skills. A degree from an English speaking university may be accepted.
Tests and Minimum Score
- IELTS Academic: total 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each component
- TOEFL-iBT: total 92 with at least 20 in each section
- PTE(A): total 61 with at least 56 in each of the Communicative Skills scores
- CAE and CPE: total 176 with at least 169 in each paper
- Trinity ISE: ISE II with distinctions in all four components
- iBT: Internet-based TOEFL English Test
- CPE: Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
- CAE: Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English
Conditions and exemptions
Your English language certificate must be no more than two years old at the beginning of your degree course.
Degrees taught and assessed in English must be no more than two and a half years old at the beginning of your degree programme. Language tests must be no more than two years old at the beginning of your degree programme.