We have a free shuttle bus service for staff and students which travels between the Central Area and King's Buildings.
The shuttle bus will operate Monday - Friday between the following dates:
- Monday 10th September - Friday 21st December 2018
- Monday 14th January - Friday 5th April 2019
- Monday 22nd April - Friday 24th May 2019
The service does NOT run during the winter, spring or summer vacation.
The bus picks up and drops off in Central Area and King's Buildings ONLY.
The service is for students and staff only. A University student or staff card must be produced to the driver when boarding. Access will be denied if a valid University card cannot be provided.
|Bristo Sq||0818||0836||0838||0918||0953||1013||1033||53||13||33||then every 20||1553||1623||1653||1723||1753|
|King's Buildings||0832||0848||0852||0932||1007||1027||1047||07||27||47||mins until||1611||1641||1711||1741||1811|
|King's Buildings||0835||0905||0935||1015||1035||1055||15||35||55||then every 20||1555||1625||1655||1725||1755||1825|
|Bristo Sq||0846||0916||0946||1026||1046||1106||26||46||06||mins until||1610||1640||1710||1740||1810||1840|
Pick up points
- Central Area: Bristo Square bus stop next to the Potterrow Student Centre (bus stop number 36238547).
- King's Buildings: The bus stop at the roundabout next to the Roger Land Building (bus stop number 36245896).
Drop off points
- Central Area: The bus stop on Chapel Street, Opposite the Pear Tree Pub.
- Central Area: The bus stop next to the Student Centre at Bristo Square.
- King's Buildings: the roundabout at the Roger Land Building.
The Shuttle Service is provided for students and staff who need to travel rapidly between Central Area and King's Buildings to meet their academic timetable.
The shuttle service is very busy at the start and end of the day, and at lunchtimes. There is no guarantee that the service will be able to pick up all waiting passengers.
Staff may board the service ahead of students by showing their staff card. Students who are required to make essential study related journeys between the Central Area and King's Buildings within a tight deadline may apply for a priority permit. This entitles permit holders priority over and above other students.
The first 10 seats of the shuttle bus must be left free for staff and priority permit holders until departure. A Priority Permit application form should be completed and authorised by your Personal Tutor.
Evening and weekend bus travel
The shuttle bus does not operate in the evenings and at weekends but plenty of public bus services do, connecting the King’s Buildings with destinations across Edinburgh. During the evenings in semester time students and staff can travel for £1 on Service 41. Terms and conditions apply.