Spy Week Returns
Following on from last year’s great success, Edinburgh Spy Week: Fictions of Espionage will run again in May 2015 with a whole new range of talks, films and events that explore the world of espionage in literature and film.
Presented by the Department of English, this year’s themes include the work of Grahame Greene, the uses of secrecy in our social lives, and the role of the spy novel after the end of the Cold War.
- May 19th – An Evening with Graham Greene at the National Library of Scotland.
- May 22nd – James Robertson, ‘The Blanket of the Dark: Secrets, Truth and Lies in Real and Imagined Scotland’.
- May 22nd – Publish your own spy fiction! A workshop with Tim Stevens.
- May 23rd – ‘Secrecy and the Modern World’: a day of talks and discussions at the University of Edinburgh. Speakers include Kieron O’ Hara and Charles Cumming.
- Throughout the week: A series of Greene adaptations at the Edinburgh Filmhouse.
For more information on the week, including a full programme of events and details on how to book a place, visit the website at: