ESRC MSc/PhD studentships
Deadline: You must have received an offer of admission from the University of Edinburgh for the programme to which you apply by 11 January, 2019.
ESRC Scottish Doctoral Training Programme MSc + PhD studentships for 2019 are available for students of Language-Based Area Studies at the University of Edinburgh. Starting date October 2019.
This is a two part application process and both stages must be completed in order to be considered for ESRC funding.
- Applicants must apply for admission with us by Dec 3rd
- Applicants must also make a funding application to GradHub before noon 11th Jan 2019 - https://www.sgsss.ac.uk/studentships/open-competition/
- SGSSS will launch this open studentship application form in November. Students will be asked to register on GradHub, make an application with them, upload existing transcripts, a CV and one reference which is not to be from their proposed supervisor.
- Any queries about registering or logging into GradHub can be directed to the SGSSS.
ESRC grants are available for students who (https://www.sgsss.ac.uk/studentships/eligibility/):
- meet the residency criteria (EU or UK residency, see link above for details)
- hold or are predicted to get a First class or good 2.1 degree or have relevant comparable experience
Programmes avalable are listed below:
Arabic language training
University of Edinburgh, invites applicants under three routes: first, its 2+3 model, which entails a two-year Masters in Middle Eastern Studies with Arabic, including intensive Arabic, followed by three years of PhD funding; second, its 1+3 model, which entails a one-year Masters in Advanced Arabic, followed by three years of PhD funding; third, its +3 model, which entails three years of PhD funding.
If you have any queries regarding Arabic please contact Professor Andrew Newman:
Chinese language training
Chinese Studies invites applicants under two routes:
2-year Master of Chinese Studies + 3 year PhD
3 year PhD
If you have any queries regarding Chinese please contact Dr Xuelei Huang:
Applicants for 2+3 or 1+3 study will also need complete an degree application , available at: