Dr Georg Heuser Memorial Scholarships
The School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures at the University of Edinburgh is delighted to invite applications for a postgraduate scholarship to be awarded in 2019/20.
The award of £3,000 will support postgraduate students with a research focus on German literature, especially pre-1856, on any of the following Masters degree programmes:
- MScR German Studies (with a focus on literature)
- MSc Comparative Literature
- MSc Medieval Literatures and Cultures
- MSc Theatre and Performance Studies
- MSc Translation Studies
The scholarship is to be awarded in one year of study only, part-time students will only receive the scholarship in year one of their programme of study.
Applications for both the Scholarship and the MSc must be made by Monday, 17th June 2019.
Applications for the MSc can be made via the online postgraduate prospectus link given below.
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr Michelle Keown:
Conditions of the award:
- the value of the scholarship will be £3,000 payable for one year only during semester one of the academic year;
- an award may be withdrawn if a student fails to meet the academic standards set by the University of Edinburgh;
- students who leave a programme of study prematurely will be entitled to no further scholarship payments.
The award is open to Scottish domiciled applicants accepted onto one of the above Masters programmes, who have a good undergraduate honours degree (at least a 2.1 Honours degree or overseas equivalent) with a German component.
Only applications to year one of an MSc programme of study will be considered.
The deadline for the application is 17th June 2019.
Applications should be emailed to:
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will be interviewed in person or over the telephone by a panel including the postgraduate director or Head of German. The award will be made on the basis of academic merit and the benefits to the student and judged by a panel comprising the German postgraduate director and the Head of German.
The successful candidate will be notified of the award in July.