Postgraduate study

Study Abroad

Information for any student undertaking a period of study abroad.

If you are travelling abroad for any period of study, you may be eligible for travel insurance provided by the University at no extra cost to you.

In order to be eligible for this insurance, you must first complete a Risk Assessment form. This form can be completed entirely online, and will be submitted by email to relevant School staff.

It should be completed in advance of travel and will be reviewed by relevant School staff. If you receive no notification within 2 weeks, you can assume that your travel plans have been approved. You will be contacted by the School if more information is required from you before approval can be granted.

Risk Assessment form

For more information about the insurance policy and what is covered, please see the our administrative guide:

Students Going Abroad


Please also be aware that you must complete a Leave of Absence form:

Leave of Absence