Student Support team
The School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures' Student Support Officers are Clare Chadd, Claire Dickson, Claire Lightfoot and Fiona Scanlon. We are here all year round to offer you support and guidance.
From the start of the 2020-21 academic year in September 2020, as a response to COVID-19, some of our Student Support team will be on campus while others will be working remotely.
We are working Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm BST.
We hope you’ll understand why we aren’t able to offer routine in-person appointments at the moment. However, if you email us, we’ll get back to you as soon as we can; we cannot answer phone calls at this time.
Alternatively, we are offering bookable online appointments Monday to Friday from 10am to 12pm BST and from 2pm to 4pm BST.
- School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures
- Work: +44 (0)131 650 3647 / +44 (0)131 650 3673 / +44 (0)131 650 6948
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
50 George Square
- Post Code
- EH8 9LH
What do we do?
We are your first point of contact for all administrative and pastoral matters including:
- degree transfers and course changes
- absences, authorised interruption of study applications and withdrawal
- factual reference letters for banks and letting agencies confirming your student status
- Welcome Week enquiries
- advice on curricula, regulations and procedures
- special circumstances applications
- student progression
- general enquiries about undergraduate study
- learning adjustments
- supply point for free sanitary products (Scottish Government initiative)
University-wide Student Services
We can also offer information on the services available to students within the University, such as:
- Accommodation Services
- Careers Service
- The Institute for Academic Development
- Computing Services and Information Services
- Counselling Services
- Day Nursery
- Student Disability Office
- Finance/Academic Administration
- Health Centre/Health issues
- English Language Teaching Centre
- Edinburgh Global
- EU Student Association/The Advice Place
- Tandem – Language Exchange Programme
The University website has information on all student services, but if you have any queries which can’t be resolved there, please email the Student Support team, who will be happy to help.
What our students say
"Incredibly helpful and friendly staff - thank you so much!"
"Thank you so much! I swear you should receive a gold medal for all the work you do and very efficiently too! I mean, I'm sure it's not just me who has had difficulties."
Who else can help?
The School Senior Tutor, Dr Iona Macintyre, is also available to offer advice and guidance. Please contact the Student Support team in the first instance.