Student Support team
The School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures' Student Support Officers are Clare Chadd, Fiona Scanlon and Claire Lightfoot. We are here all year round to offer you support and guidance.
- School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures
- Work: +44 (0)131 650 3647 / +44 (0)131 650 3673 / +44 (0)131 650 6948
- Email: email@example.com
50 George Square
- Post Code
- EH8 9LH
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9.30am - 4.30pm. No appointment necessary.
What do we do?
We are your first point of contact for all administrative and pastoral matters including:
- degree transfers and course changes
- absences, authorised interruption of study applications and withdrawal
- factual reference letters for banks and letting agencies confirming your student status
- Welcome Week enquiries
- advice on curricula, regulations and procedures
- special circumstances applications
- student progression
- general enquiries about undergraduate study
- learning adjustments
- supply point for free sanitary products (new Scottish Government initiative)
University-wide Student Services
We can also offer information on the services available to students within the University, such as:
- Accommodation Services
- Careers Service
- The Institutute for Academic Development
- Computing Services and Information Services
- Counselling Services
- Day Nursery
- Student Disability Office
- Finance/Academic Administration
- Health Centre/Health issues
- English Language Teaching Centre
- Edinburgh Global
- Nightline student support
- EU Student Association/The Advice Place
- Tandem – Language Exchange Programme
The University website has information on all student services, but if you have any queries which can’t be resolved there, please email the Student Support team, who will be happy to help.
What our students say
"Incredibly helpful and friendly staff - thank you so much!"
"Thank you so much! I swear you should receive a gold medal for all the work you do and very efficiently too! I mean, I'm sure it's not just me who has had difficulties."
Who else can help?
The School Senior Tutor, Dr Daniel Hammond, is also available to offer advice and guidance. Please contact the Student Support Team in the first instance.