Degree Programme Transfers
Sometimes students want or need to change their degree programme and it’s a good idea to speak to our Student Support team at an early stage.
General conditions which must be met in order to transfer include the following:
- 1st Year students should meet UCAS entry requirements as well as any relevant University Admissions threshold for the degree that they wish to transfer into.
- Students should normally meet the criteria in the Degree Programme Table for the programme they wish to transfer to.
- Changing a degree programme may affect tuition fee and funding arrangements and students are responsible for notifying their funding body and making any necessary arrangements.
- Student visa holders are responsible for making sure that any change is in line with the conditions of their visa. The Student Immigration Service should be consulted at an early stage.
The following guidance gives an indication of some of the further conditions which apply, depending on when you decide to transfer and which degree you want to switch to:
- Transfers for 1st Year students are only permitted in the first two weeks of teaching and must be approved by the CAHSS Admissions Office. After Week 2, it is not possible to transfer until the end of the academic year.
- Although mid-year transfers are not normally permitted, we make an exception for 2nd Year students on degree programmes which involve a language, who will have a mandatory Year Abroad in 3rd Year: transfers for these students are processed on an ongoing basis throughout the year.
- There are usually more requests for transfers into English Literature than places available and particular arrangements apply.
- Transfers for Honours Year students are not permitted without good reason.
How to apply
The deadline for submission of applications to transfer to degree programmes in the School of Literatures, Languages and Cultures is Friday 16th July 2021.
Students will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible after that date. Applications submitted after this deadline will be considered at the end of the Summer, once the results of any additional assessment have been ratified.
Students who are interested in transferring to a programme in a different School will need to liaise with that School. Our Student Support team will be happy to provide help and advice.