Availability and contents
This volume is in print, and can be ordered by contacting Kenneth Veitch by email.
Price: £10 (includes p&p for UK orders)
- Alexander Fenton and Gavin Sprott, 'The Museum of Scottish Country Life'
- Alexander Fenton, 'How did the pre-improvement landscape and society work? Reconstructing the past through its material culture'
- Francois Sigaut, 'Farming and rural society in Europe, late eighteenth to late nineteenth centuries: a general perspective'
- Alexander S Mather, 'European agriculture 1865-1950: feeding an urban population'
- Duncan Dornan, 'How did – or didn’t – scientific knowledge get into the farming blood-stream?'
- John Burnett, 'Bacteria and bureaucracy: science, public health and dairy farming'
- Gary West, 'Land and lyrics: the dynamics of poetry and music in rural society'
- Ian Campbell, 'Writing the countryside'
- Alexander Fenton, 'The Dictionary of the Older Scottish Tongue'
- Marace Dareau, 'The Dictionary of the Older Scottish Tongue: an A-Z of its history and nature'
- Jane Dawson, '"There is nothing like a good gossip": baptism, kinship and alliance in early modern Scotland'
- Ian Russell, 'Flute bands and their annual walks in north-east Scotland: music, tradition, and community'
- Elizabeth Beaton, 'Paper sailors and mermaids as house decorations in coastal moray and Banffshire'
- Kathleen Battye, 'Aspects of an English export trade'
- David W Brown, 'Leaving the land: a job application from 1837'
- Rob Close, 'A great quantity of glees, duets and songs: a provincial catalogue of sheet music, 1833'