- E Patricia Dennison, 'Power and its possessors: the medieval burgh revisited'
- David H Caldwell, 'Continuity and change in twelfth- and thirteenth-century Scotland: an archaeological view'
- Donald Wilson, 'An investigation of the consumption dykes of Charleston, Aberdeenshire'
- Gerard Carruthers, 'The Canongate Burns: misreading Robert Burns and the periodical press of the 1790s'
- Catriona M M Macdonald, 'The church and the cradle: baptism and visions of childhood in Victorian Scotland'
- Forbes W Robertson, 'The diary of a nineteenth-century Midlothian garden'
- Kathryn L Moore, 'Peterhead harbour of refuge: the hazards of planning in changing times'
- Mark A Mulhern, '"A bridge from the worse to the better": the Gothenburg public-house in Scotland'
- David Goldie, 'The British invention of Scottish culture: World War I and before'
- Hugh Cheape, 'Lead hearts and runes of protection'