Scottish Life and Society: A Compendium of Scottish ethnology
A major series of fourteen thematically arranged volumes.
Each multi-author volume brings together information from a variety of sources and from across a range of disciplines to provide an in-depth survey of a key theme in the ethnology of Scotland.
- Volume 1: Introduction
- Volume 2: Farming and the Land
- Volume 3: Scotland’s Buildings
- Volume 4: Boats, Fishing and the Sea
- Volume 5: The Food of the Scots
- Volume 6: Scotland’s Domestic Life
- Volume 7: The Working Life of the Scots
- Volume 8: Transport and Communications
- Volume 9: The Individual and Community Life
- Volume 10: Oral Literature and Performance Culture
- Volume 11: Education
- Volume 12: Religion
- Volume 13: The Law
- Volume 14: Bibliography
The series is published in partnership with Birlinn Publishing.