Celebrating Ten Years of the Alwaleed Centre
2020 marks the ten year anniversary of the Edinburgh Alwaleed Centre which was formally opened on 17th March 2010.
We are very proud of everything we have achieved as a Centre and these achievements are celebrated in a special ten year report published on the occasion of our Tenth Anniversary. To download the report click HERE.
- 16 academic monographs
- Over 70 academic journal articles at book chapters
- Over £1.2 million secured in additional funding
- Over 100 local, national and international partnerships developed
- Over 8000 school pupils engaged through our educational outreach programme
- Over 5000 learners engaged through online courses
- Over 200 public lectures, seminars and workshops delivered
The Centre is looking forward to the next ten years with plans in place to extend its global reach through a variety of international academic and non-academic partnerships, a unique Masters programme on the Globalised Muslim World and a number of additions to our dynamic team.
We are deeply indebted to HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal and the whole team at Alwaleed Philanthropies for the faith they have shown in the University of Edinburgh and the consistent support we have received.