The Alwaleed Centre was set up with a number of key objectives in mind.
The six key objectives of the Centre
- To establish international partnerships with institutions across the Muslim and non-Muslim worlds to foster collaborative research.
- To help produce the next generation of academics and actors in the public and private sectors.
- To advance mutual understanding and cross-cultural dialogue between Islamic and the Western worlds.
- To improve knowledge of contemporary Islam among students, policy makers and the general public.
- To engage productively with the Muslim diaspora in the UK.
- To spearhead UK expertise on Islam in the contemporary world.