The Winter School offers a social programme during your time at the University of Edinburgh.
With a beautiful backdrop of city, countryside and ocean, you can enjoy an enriching social and cultural adventure to complement your academic course.
The Social Programme includes handpicked cultural activities, you can explore the history, traditions, and beauty of Scotland, while meeting new friends from across the world. From unmissable sightseeing tours of Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyroodhouse - the Queen's official Scottish residence - to art workshops and a ghost tour.
Social Programme included in your Fee Package
- Scottish Ceilidh - Experience a true taste of Scottish culture and learn how to dance like a local at our ceilidh (pronounced ‘kay-lee’), a traditional Scottish party.
- Walking Tour of Edinburgh - We’ll also show you the sights of beautiful Edinburgh with a magnificent walking tour.
Optional Social Programme Activities
We have a range of optional activities you can book, including social events, special exhibitions, music events or cultural experiences. You will be able to book these in advance of your arrival at an additional charge. A link will be sent to you prior to arrival. We advise you book as soon as possible as these are always very popular and places are allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Independent Tours of Scotland
Provided by a trusted partner, you can sign up for exciting optional tours, giving you the opportunity to explore outside of the city. You will have to book these trips independently. If you'd like to book a trip, please ask us and we'll be happy to provide more information.
Previous trip throughout Scotland have included:
- Isle of Skye, Loch Ness & Glencoe
- Kingdom of Fife: St Andrews
- Loch Ness
- Rosslyn Chapel and Melrose Abbey
- Loch Lomond and Stirling Castle