More information on the application process and apply now.
We're delighted you're interested in applying for our Summer School 2022!
Before you click on the 'Apply Now' button at the bottom of the page, please read the following information:
- Please make sure you have read the course description and meet the eligibility requirements.
- Please check the course description for the application deadline, as the date will vary for each course.
- Places are allocated on a first come first served basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
You should have the following documents ready:
|UG credit course applicants||Transcript of your most relevant recent / current academic qualifications demonstrating at least 1 year of attendance of undergraduate studies. If you cannot provide an academic transcript, we will alternatively accept reference letter vouching for your academic ability.|
|Pre-university course applicants||
Signed Parental Consent Form:
|Non-native English speakers||Valid English language qualification (IELTS or equivalent) showing you meet the minimum English language requirements for your Summer School course. The qualification must be no more than 2 years old.|
Students are responsible for ensuring they obtain a valid visa to study in the UK. For more information and guidance, please see visit the following websites:
If your application is accepted, you will need to provide a pre-payment deposit to secure a provisional place at the Summer School. The pre-payment amount is £500, and must be made within 24 hours of us requesting it. After a 14 day cooling off period following payment, the fee is non-refundable. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
Please note, making your pre-payment and being given a provisional place does not guarantee that the course will run as we rely on recruiting a minimum number of students for each course. We will contact all applicants with a provisional place following the application deadline to provide final confirmation.
Valued Partner Institution Discount
- A 10% discount is available for applications received from students of valued partner institutions. Discounts will be deducted from the final balance. This discount is valid against the course fee only (accommodation fees are not eligible for discounts). Not available in conjunction with any other discounts.
- Please contact us if you have any questions regarding our discounts.
After you submit your application, we will get in touch with you and go through the following steps:
1. Application acknowledgement
- Following your application submission, you will receive an automated email confirming receipt and to tell you what to do next. You will prompted to send us the supporting documents for your application, which must be sent to us within 24 hours.
2. Application outcome and pre-payment deposit
- Once we have received your supporting documents, an email will be sent to you stating if we need further documentation or to let you know the outcome of your application. If your application is accepted, a pre-payment deposit of £500 must be made within 24 hours of us requesting it.
- We will provide instructions on how to pay this securely using the University of Edinburgh’s online ePay service, and after receiving your pre-payment deposit we will email you a provisional booking confirmation. Please refrain from making travel arrangements or booking private accommodation at this stage.
3. Final payment and booking confirmation
- After applications have closed, we will email all students in late May / early June to provide a final booking confirmation and to request payment of the final balance. Once you receive our final booking confirmation, you can go ahead and make travel arrangements and private accommodation bookings as appropriate.
- If for any reason we are unable to deliver your course, we will let you know and offer either an alternative course or a full refund of your pre-payment deposit.
Please note: We endeavour to process your application as quickly as possible. It is essential that you check your email regularly for correspondence from us. Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (UK time).
Sorry, applications are now closed.