More information on the application process
We're delighted you're interested in applying for our Summer School 2021!
Before you click on the 'Apply Now' button at the bottom of the page, please read the following information.
- Please make sure you have read the course description and meet the eligibility requirements.
- Please check the course description for the application deadline, as the date will vary for each course.
- Places are allocated on a first come first served basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
You should have the following documents ready:
|All Applicants||Transcript of your most relevant recent / current academic qualifications OR reference letter vouching for your academic ability.|
Signed Parental Consent Form
|Non-native English Speakers||Valid English language qualification (IELTS or equivalent) showing you meet the minimum English language requirements for your Summer School course. The qualification must be no more than 2 years old.|
If your application is accepted, you will need to provide a pre-payment deposit to secure a provisional place at the Summer School. The pre-payment amount is £500, and must be made within 24 hours of us requesting it. After a 14 day cooling off period following payment, the fee is non-refundable. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
Please note, making your pre-payment and being given a provisional place does not guarantee that the course will run as we rely on recruiting a minimum number of students for each course. We will contact all applicants with a provisional place following the application deadline to provide final confirmation.
Valued Partner Institution Discount
- A 10% discount is available for applications received from students of valued partner institutions. Discounts will be deducted from the final balance. This discount is valid against the course fee only (accommodation fees are not eligible for discounts). Not available in conjunction with any other discounts.
- Please contact us if you have any questions regarding our discounts.
- We endeavour to process your application as quickly as possible.
- Make sure you check your email regularly for communications from us. Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (UK time) and we will communicate with you within the following timescales:
1. Application Acknowledgement
- Following your application submission, you will receive an automated email confirming receipt and to tell you what to do next. You will prompted to send us the supporting documents for your application, which must be sent to us within 24 hours.
2. Application Outcome and Pre-Payment Deposit
- Once we have received your supporting documents, we will email you within 1 working day to confirm the outcome of your application. If any information or documentation is missing or incorrect we will let you know. If your application is accepted, we will ask for a £500 pre-payment deposit and will provide instructions on how to pay this securely using the University of Edinburgh’s online ePay service. Payment must be made within 24 hours of us requesting it.
- After we have received your pre-payment deposit, we will provide you with a provisional booking confirmation by email.
3. Final Payment and Booking Confirmation
- Once bookings have closed, we will email all students with a provisional place to confirm details of your course, and ask for payment of the final balance. When prompted, payment of the final balance must be made within 24 hours.
- Please do not book any flights or private accommodation until you receive this final confirmation from us following the application deadline for your course.
- If for any reason your course has been cancelled, we will let you know and refund in full your pre-payment deposit.
- After we have received your final balance payment, we will provide you with a final booking confirmation by email.
Students are responsible for ensuring they obtain a valid visa to study in the UK. For more information, please see visit the following webistes:
Are you ready to apply?