What we do
Legal Services provide legal advice to Schools, Colleges, Support Groups and Services across the University in support of the University's strategic and operational goals.
Our areas of expertise include but are not limited to:
- Legislative and regulatory compliance across the Higher Education sector;
- University governance and charity law;
- Strategic projects;
- Dispute resolution, litigation and proposed litigation;
- Academic and research collaborations;
- Joint ventures;
- Commercial contracts;
- Academic matters, policy and procedure;
- Donations, trusts and legacies;
- Branding and reputation; and
- International activity.
In circumstances where a matter requires specialist legal advice, or where costs and/or resources make it appropriate to do so, we will discuss with you the option of engaging external lawyers to assist with a particular matter.
Legal Services also carries out legal workshops and awareness raising sessions. Please contact us if there are any legal topics on which you would like training and we will be happy to discuss the possible options.
Contact Legal Services: firstname.lastname@example.org