DNA Sequencing Facility
Sequencing facility, data and analysis.
An in house DNA sequencing facility providing Sanger and 2nd generation sequencing to all IGMM researchers and their collaborators, operated by two experienced sequencing technologists.
- Sample numbers ranging from single tube through to 384 well plates can be submitted to the facility.
- Provides an automated PCR purification service directly before Sanger Sequencing.
- Plasmid mini-prep extraction and isolation service processed by liquid handling robots.
- DNA and RNA quality and quantitation is available via Tapestation/Bioanalyzer.
- Human Cell Line Authentication using STR profiling.
|Liquid handling instruments||Pipette channels|
|BioMek NX (x2)||1, 8 and 96|
|DNA/RNA Qualititative and Quantitative Analysers||Chip Type and Sensitivity range|
|Agilent 2100||DNA 1000; DNA High Sensitivity|
|RNA Nano; RNA Pico|
|Agilent 4200 TapeStation||DNA 1000; DNA 5000; RNA|
|Stewart McKay||Technical Services Manager|
|Stephen Brown||Facility Manager|
|Jeffrey Joseph||Sequencing Technologist|
For more information on the services provided within the facility, please contact: