National and international links
We are pleased to welcome visitors to the Institute for Academic Development from other institutions in the UK or internationally.
Exchanging good practice in the UK and abroad
We have strong international links and collaborations. Recent visitors to the IAD have included colleagues from:
- Aarhus University, AU Research and Talent unit
- University of Canberra, Faculty of Education
- Netherlands Universities Academic Managers (multi-HEI staff group)
- University of New South Wales, Learning and Teaching Unit
- Osaka University, researchers and academics from a number of departments, including the Office for University-Industry Collaboration
- Waseda University, Doctoral Student Career Centre
We've also received visits from UK-based colleagues at:
- University of the Highlands and Islands, Educational Development Unit
- University of Nottingham, Learning Technology Unit
- University of St Andrews, Centre for Academic, Professional, and Organisational Development
Our national and international networks
As members of Universitas 21, the League of European Research Universities (LERU), the Coimbra Group and other international networks we are keen to collaborate, share practice and compare ideas with colleagues from around the world.
We hosted the Vitae Hub for Scotland & Northern Ireland (doctoral student and researcher development) and we are represented on a range of Scottish, UK, European and international organisations and networks involved in teaching, learning and researcher development.
Who to contact
If you are interested in visiting us and University as an individual or group please e-mail the Director.
We are also interested in collaborative pedagogic research or development initiatives.