Managing your Research Teams
Managing your Research Teams is a course for all Principal Investigators (PIs) and staff in managerial roles who are involved in helping to manage research teams at the University of Edinburgh
The Managing your Research Teams workshop is currently being adapted into an online course to support PIs and Staff in management roles across the whole of the University of Edinburgh.
In the meantime, we recommend accessing the following resources, to support you in your management role at the University:
- Code of Practice for the Management and Career Development of research staff
- Research Staff Hub
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion support
This page will be updated once we have further information.
This workshop aims to ensure staff carry out their role in the University, confident in their management capabilities, sure of management practices, University policy and national legislation and able to emulate best practice to their groups and colleagues across the University. By focusing on managing people, the workshop will:
- Equip staff with the essential skills required for managing groups of diverse and autonomous individuals
- Develop an understanding of University policy in recruitment, management and appraisal
- Ensure the highest possible standards in equality and diversity are achieved
- Enable staff to effectively manage the career development of their team, particularly for early career researchers
This programme will be relevant to all university PIs and staff in managerial roles who are involved in helping to manage research teams.