The IAD offers several courses to support the development of core public engagement skills, plus also offers responsive training for those involved in a number of our public engagement initiatives.
The University offers ongoing training in core public engagement skills, plus responsive training to prepare researchers, PhD students and professional staff for participation in specific public engagement activities.
Training in core public engagement skills
The Institute for Academic Development’s Researcher Development team offers several courses to support the development of core public engagement skills.
- An Introduction to Public Engagement with Research
- Communications Toolkit for a Public Audience
- Facilitation Skills for Public Engagement
- How to Design a Public Engagement Process
- Research, Researchers and Media – A Hands On Approach to Communicating Your Research
- Storytelling Techniques for Effective Communication
- Voice and Presentation Skills Workshop
These courses are hosted within the IAD’s Doctoral programme. If you are a member of University staff, you may still find the courses useful and be eligible to attend – please contact the Doctoral team to find out more.
Contact the Doctoral team to find out more about core public engagement courses - Email email@example.com
Responsive training opportunities
The University' Public Engagement Coordinator and Manager, who are based within the IAD’s Researcher Development team, organise training and coaching to prepare researchers for involvement in large-scale public engagement activities such as the Cabaret of Dangerous Ideas. This training is integrated into the process of taking part in these activities and, as such, is not separately bookable.