IAD resources for tutors and demonstrators.
We provide extensive resources for tutors and demonstrators at the University of Edinburgh on Learn. These resources cover:
In the classroom (containing good practice guides, IAD workshop materials and in-depth textbook suggestions)
- Teaching Open Discussion Classes
- Leading Problem Solving Tutorials
- Successful Laboratory Demonstrating
- Moderating Online Classes
- Assessment and Feedback
- Interacting with and advising students (university support available to students, policies for learning and teaching and managing the job)
- Resources to pass onto students
- What you need to know
Developing your teaching (basic overview and readings, university policies and IAD workshop materials)
- Supervising Projects and Dissertations
- Delivering lectures
- Designing Courses
- Gaining Accreditation
- Accreditation Available
- Support for these programs
How to sign up
All participants in IAD workshops for tutors and demonstrators are automatically enrolled.
You can also access the resources by logging into Learn (EASE log-in required) and following the self-enrol course instructions:
Note: A full outline of these steps with relevant system screenshots is on the the Guide to Guest and Self-Enrol Access webpage, provided by IS
- Log onto the Learn VLE using your EASE username and password (link to Learn below)
- Select ‘Course Catalogue’ in the top right corner
- The ‘Search catalogue’ options will load. Enter the course name in the search catalogue section and select ‘Go’.
- Expand the options menu next to the relevant Course ID (you’ll need to hover over it). Select ‘enrol’.
- The self-enrol overlay will load providing further course information. Select ‘Submit’. An enrolment success screen will load. Then select OK to access the course.
- Alternatively, once in the Course Catalogue, you can also find it under the Browse Categories heading, and selecting Self Enrol IAD Courses from the drop down menu.
If you have any issues please get in touch: