SoTL conferences & journals
Suggestions for journals and conferences you may wish to read and attend, and / or submit to and present at. Note that many appropriate conferences and journals do not use the term 'SoTL'.
It’s challenging to keep up to date with all available conferences but Conal conference alerts is the best we’ve seen.
We also recommend that you join one or two discussion lists in your discipline area in the hope that this will keep you updated.
There are many SoTL conferences (though not all will include SoTL in their title) including:
- The SoTL Commons
- The International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Conferenc
- Canada's Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) Annual Conference
- EuroSoTL conference
- Improving University Teaching Conference
- The International Higher Education Teaching and Learning (HETL) Association conference
There are many journals that publish SoTL work. Below we have listed just a few.
- College Teaching
- International Journal of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Journal of Perspectives in Applied Academic Practice (JPAAP)
- Journal on Excellence in College Teaching
- The Journal of Effective Teaching
- The Journal of Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- The Practice and Evidence for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (PESTLHE)
- Transformative Dialogues
You might also want to consider higher education research journals. Again there are many, here are just a few:
- Active Learning in Higher Education
- Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education
- Higher Education Quarterly
- Higher Education Research and Development
- Innovative Higher Education
- Journal of Further and Higher education
- Research in Higher Education
- Studies in Higher Education
- Teaching in Higher Education