Mainstreaming learning adjustments
Guidance on mainstreaming common learning adjustments and the University's Accessible and Inclusive Learning policy.
Course outline and reading lists
1. Course outlines and lists of core readings shall be available at least 4 weeks before the course starts.
Prioritised reading lists
2. Reading lists to indicate priority or relevance.
Providing lecture outlines before class
3. Lecture outlines or PowerPoint presentation slides for lectures and seminars to be made available at least 24 hours in advance of the class.
Providing keywords and formulae
4. Key words and formulae to be provided to students at least 24 hours before the class.
Email notification of cancellation / changes
5. Students shall be notified by email of changes or announcements such as changes to courses, room changes or cancellations.
Lecture recording for personal use
6. Students shall be permitted to audio record lectures, tutorials and supervision sessions using their own equipment for their own personal learning.
Using microphones in lectures
7. All teaching staff shall ensure that microphones are worn and used in all lectures, where available, regardless of the perceived need to wear them.
Benefits to teaching staff
Why we are implementing this policy.
About the development of this policy
An overview of how this policy was developed and links to related documents.
Accessible and inclusive learning & teaching
You may also find our guidance resource on accessible and inclusive learning and teaching useful: