Online distance learning community
Internal University network supporting teaching and support staff involved with online distance education.
- This page covers:
- Bursaries for Introduction to Digital Environments for Learning course
- Support for online distance learning community
- Upcoming ODL networking and training events
Bursaries for Introduction to Digital Environments for Learning course
Introduction to Digital Environments for Learning (IDEL) bursaries are open to all staff at the University who are working in or considering developing an Online Distance Learning (ODL) programme. This course is worth 40 credits and is the foundation element of the MSc in Digital Education.
In addition, applications will be considered to fund a 20-credit course, for those who have previously been awarded an IDEL bursary.
The next deadline is Fri 29th June 2018 (for September 2018 intake).
Support for online distance learning (ODL) community
The Online Distance Learning (ODL) community is supported by the Head of Academic Development for Digital Education who coordinates resources, networking opportunities and events. Our remit is to support the whole of the ODL community which includes:
- staff involved in supporting or teaching on existing online distance learning courses/programmes
- staff developing new online distance learning courses/programmes
- staff considering developing new online distance learning courses/programmes
Please contact our Head of Academic Development for Digital Education if you have any questions or suggestions about this work.
Online distance learning community mailing list
The online learning mailing list is a managed communication channel for all staff interested in online learning. It communicates current online learning developments, ODL, and general information to the wider staff community. It is open to all University of Edinburgh staff members.
To be added to this list, please email: IAD.ODLstaff@ed.ac.uk