Action Fund small grants
About the IAD Action Fund small grant scheme, including how and when to apply.
Throughout the Academic Year, you can apply for a maximum of £500 each month to run small events or pilot network events that explore the need for new and/or interdisciplinary networks. You may also apply for a contribution to support larger scale events within a discipline, School or subject area.
Successful IAD Action Fund Small Grant projects may form the basis for future applications to one of our other funding schemes.
More detailed information about what we will and won't fund is available on the Action Fund Guidance webpage. Please read this before submitting an application.
Who can apply?
- University of Edinburgh staff and University of Edinburgh students are eligible to apply to this scheme.
- We encourage applications from a team of at least two people. The period of the award applied for should be covered by the remaining length of study (students) or employment contract (staff) of the lead applicant.
- Each application needs one lead applicant. This person will be the budget holder, the main point of contact for IAD, and responsible for submitting the evaluation form and financial summary at the end of the project.
How to apply
- Complete the application form:
- Save as AFSG_leadapplicantlastname.doc
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review process
- Your application will be reviewed by a panel of IAD staff.
- Applications are reviewed at the end of each month. You are advised to apply at least 8 weeks before your proposed event/activity start date to allow for the full application review and funds transfer process, as well as any additional planning required following on from receiving our decision.
- After we review applications, you will be contacted with further queries or a decision. If your application is successful, we will begin the funds transfer process. Our intention is that you will receive your funds in good time before your event/activity, so please consider in your planning how long our process takes and when you will need the funds available in order to prepare for your event.
- You cannot apply for funds that will not reach you in time for your event, or retroactively following your event/activity.
- Unsuccessful projects cannot be re-submitted, but UoE staff and students are welcome to reapply to the fund for new projects.
- Funds should be spent by 31st July, the end of the current University financial year. This fund will close in June of each year and open again in September.