Information Security Awareness Week 2018
Information Security Awareness Week takes place in the second week of October, bringing talks on current topics and a keynote session with external speakers to staff and students.
The week will focus on why information security matters to all University staff and students, the threats that we all face as users, and how you can take some very simple steps to quickly protect your personal data and research content.
Throughout the week talks will be taking place at different locations and campuses covering topics such as basic information security, securing mobile devices, ransomware and encryption.
- Monday 8 October – St Leonard's Land
- Tuesday 9 October – James Clerk Maxwell Building
- Wednesday 10 October – St Cecilia’s Hall
- Thursday 11 October – Chancellor’s Building
- Friday 12 October – Appleton Tower
- Monday 15 October – Easter Bush
The main event on the afternoon of 10 October will see invited external speakers present and discuss some of the issues. The speakers include:
- Daniel Stewart: information security consultant at Secarma Ltd.
- Holly Grace Williams: CREST Certified Tester Penetration Testing Team Leader
- Scottish Business Resilience Centre
These will be very accessible and are aimed at all audiences, regardless of technical abilities.
We will also be active on Twitter during the week, with hints, tips and useful guidance. Follow us on Twitter @UoEInfoSec and with our hashtag #UoEInfoSec.