This session introduces prototyping in the context of user experience.
About the course
We approach it as the process of exploring a design concept with users to establish as quickly and cheaply as possible whether there is value in progressing it towards a working solution.
We also look at how prototyping can be a productive means to research user needs through co-creation activities.
How the session is delivered
- Seminar introduction to the value and practice of prototyping in a UX context – a quick and cheap means to validate and communicate ideas
- Experience of participating in a demo workshop that illustrates a collaborative approach to generate design ideas quickly and build consensus for an approach
- Practical activity in small groups to iteratively solve a design problem on paper and test concepts with users
By the end of the session, attendees will have:
- An appreciation of the value of UX prototyping, when and how to apply it in the development of products and services
- Practical experience of applying prototyping skills to a design problem as a team
- All resources and support materials needed to integrate these techniques into their own projects
How to book
The iterative collaborative sketching technique was really useful.