Introduction to persona development
In this session we explore the core principles and develop proto-personas building on the concepts and scenario introduced in the workshop essentials session.
About the course
Personas can serve a number of purposes in a user-centred project; supporting research summarisation, stakeholder communication and project planning.
How the session is delivered
- Seminar introduction to the purpose and value of persona generation – a means to synthesize user insight and externalise stakeholder assumptions, producing user archetypes (personas) that can inform development decisions and bring greater focus to a project or service
- Practical activity in small groups to develop proto-personas for a design scenario. The personas developed are prioritised by the group and used in subsequent sessions
By the end of the session, attendees will have:
- An appreciation of the value of personas in the context of user experience
- Understanding of when and how to apply the technique to support stakeholder alignment and team communication
- Practical experience of developing personas in a collaborative workshop environment to support the exploration of a design problem
- All resources and support materials needed to integrate these techniques into their own projects
How to book
The practical elements [of prototype-persona creation] were fun and informative.