Benefits of user experience research and design
Employing user-centred practices brings tangible benefits to the University's digital services, bringing new focus and efficiency to projects.
Employing UX techniques to better understand your users' needs and deliver services that meet their expectations has benefits throughout the development cycle and on into service management.
Measuring the impact of change in user behaviour can lead to significant returns on investment. We can help you do this.
Some key benefits we see in projects we work on:
- Increased customer satisfaction by avoiding building things that audiences don't want.
- Reduced user support overheads because products and processes are easier to use and optimised for self service.
- Distributed time savings across the University as it becomes quicker to perform tasks.
- Reduced development costs, getting more right first time through better communication and specification.
- Greater assurance of legislative compliance such as accessibility and data privacy.