Send your Resource List to the Library for review
Course Organisers should review and update their Resource Lists for the new academic year and send their lists to the Library by 13 July. Send lists for review throughout the year when new items have been added or new digitisations have been requested.
Editing your Resource List for Semester 1 2020/21
Please read this guide for a summary of how the Library will manage the provision of Library materials for Sem 1 2020/20.
A separate guide and video on how to edit a Resource List is available.
When should I send my Resource List to the Library?
Course Organisers should review their Resource Lists in preparation for the new academic year and send their updated Resource Lists for Sem 1 2020/21 to the Library by 13 July to give the Library sufficient time to check for availability, purchase e-books and books and provide copyright-compliant digitisations of key chapters/pages. Lists received after this date will still be reviewed by the Library however, there may be a delay in providing access to some items.
Course Organsiers can also send their lists for review throughout the academic year when new items have been added to a list or new digitisations have been requested.
How do I send my list to the Library?
Use the 'Send List for Review' button at the top of the page to send your list to the Library.
When you send you list for review
The Library will:
- Check every citation against current holdings and automatically check for e-book availability for Essential and Recommended items.
- Check all links on a list and make sure the most appropriate web address is being used and that links are working.
- Check that any files that have been uploaded to the list are copyright-compliant.
- Pass requests for copyright-compliant digitisations and/or book purchases to the relevant teams in the Library.
- If a digitisation of a key chapter or pages can be provided, the Library will link the scan to the corresponding citation on the Resource List and add a Digitisation available tag to highlight availability to students.
- When new books or ebooks are available, links on Resource Lists will be updated.
- The relevant Library team will be in touch if there are any issues in sourcing materials
When the Resource List has been reviewed
The Library will:
- Send the Course Organiser a summary of actions taken. This includes details of any book recommendations made or any changes to broken links;
- Publish the Resource List;
- Check the Resource List link is available in the corresponding Learn course.