Set up a new Resource List
Course Organisers have two options if they would like to set up a new Resource List for their course.
Course Organisers have two options:
- New Resource Lists for 2020/21 can be sent to the Library to set up via the online form
- You can set up your own Resource List and then use the ‘Send list for review’ button (at the top of the list) to send the list to the Library to check and process requests.
Semester 2 deadline
Send your Semester 2 lists to the Library by 18 October 2021 to give the Library sufficient time to check availability purchase e-books and books and provide copyright-compliant digitisations of key chapters/pages. The Library will prioritise work on lists received on or before the deadline. Lists received after the deadline will be prioritised based on date received.
Setting up a Resource List
- Go to the Resource Lists homepage (http://resourcelists.ed.ac.uk) and log in under 'Guest' using your University login.
- If you are new to Resource Lists or need a refresher, use the Get started: 10 steps to Resource Lists Guide otherwise, click on 'Lists' then 'New List' to start setting up a new Resource List. Guides and short videos are available to help.
- Remember to tag any items you add to your list items Essential, Recommended or Further reading.
- Highlight any chapters or key pages you would like scanned by using the 'Digitisation request' tag.
- When you've finished your list, use the 'Send list for review' button, if you want the Library to check for e-book availability, purchase new resources or to provide copyright-compliant digitisations of key chapters or pages.
- Contact Library Learning Services if you have any questions or issues: Library.Learning@ed.ac.uk
When you send your list for review
The Library will:
- Check every citation against current holdings and check for e-book availability for Essential and Recommended items.
- Check all links on a list and make sure the most appropriate web address is being used and that links are working.
- Check that any files that have been uploaded to the list are copyright-compliant.
- Pass requests for copyright-compliant digitisations and/or book purchases to the relevant teams in the Library.
- If a digitisation of a key chapter or pages can be provided, the Library will link the scan to the corresponding citation on the Resource List and add a 'Digitisation available' tag to highlight availability to students.
- When new books or e-books are available, links on Resource Lists will be updated.
- The relevant Library team will be in touch if there are any issues in sourcing materials.
Help and support
Resource Lists 1-2-1s (via Microsoft Teams)
If you would like some help using Resource Lists, or have a question about the service, you can arrange a phone or video call with the Library Learning Services team via Microsoft Teams.
To arrange an appointment, please email Library.Learning@ed.ac.uk. Please let us know your preferred time when you get in touch.