Set up a new Resource List
Course Organisers can set up their own Resource Lists using Leganto. Lists for Sem 1 2020/21 should be sent to the Library for review by 13 July.
Send your list to the Library
Send your list to the Library by 13 July 2020 to give the Library sufficient time to check availability purchase e-books and books and provide copyright-compliant digitisations of key chapters/pages. Lists received after this date will still be reviewed and processed by the Library however, there may be a delay in providing access to some items.
How the Library will manage provision of libary materials for teaching
For Semester 1 2020/21, Essential readings should be available to students online where possible. The Library will prirotise Essential and Recommended resources. For more information on how the Library will manage the provision of Library materials read Manage your Course Reading Sem 1 2020/21
- Go to the Resource Lists homepage (http://resourcelists.ed.ac.uk) and log in under 'Guest' using your University login.
- If you are new to Resource Lists or need a refresher, use the Get started: 10 steps to Resource Lists Guide otherwise, click on 'Lists' then 'New List' to start setting up a new Resource List. Guides and short videos are available to help.
- Remember to tag any items you add to your list items Essential, Recommended or Further reading.
- When you've finished your list, use the 'Send list for review' button, if you want the Library to check for e-book availability, purchase new resources or to provide copyright-compliant digitisations of key chapters or pages.
- Contact Library Learning Services if you have any questions or issues: Library.Learning@ed.ac.uk
When you send your list for review
The Library will:
- Check every citation against current holdings and automatically check for e-book availability for Essential and Recommended items.
- Check all links on a list and make sure the most appropriate web address is being used and that links are working.
- Check that any files that have been uploaded to the list are copyright-compliant.
- Pass requests for copyright-compliant digitisations and/or book purchases to the relevant teams in the Library.
- If a digitisation of a key chapter or pages can be provided, the Library will link the scan to the corresponding citation on the Resource List and add a Digitisation available tag to highlight availability to students.
- When new books or e-books are available, links on Resource Lists will be updated.
- The relevant Library team will be in touch if there are any issues in sourcing materials.
Help and support
Resource Lists Clinic (via Teams)
If you would like some help using Resource Lists, or have a question about the service, you can arrange a phone or video call with the Library Learning Services team via Microsoft Teams. We are available on Tuesdays, 2pm – 4pm, and Thursdays, 10am – 12pm.
To arrange an appointment, please email Library.Learning@ed.ac.uk. Please let us know your preferred time when you get in touch.