Resource Lists: Help and guides
Help and support using Resource Lists. Includes short guides and videos for staff and students. You can also arrange a call (via Teams) if you would like some extra help or have a specific query.
Get Started: 10 Steps to Resource Lists
Updated for Sem 1 2020/21 These ten steps are all you need to get started with Resource Lists, enabling you to create, publish and update your list.
Video: How to add the Cite It tool (01:46)
- Video: How to add the Cite It tool
- Video guide on how to add the Cite It tool in Leganto
Short guides and videos
This guide will show course organisers how to:
- Add a new resource to your list
- Delete resources on your list
- Move resources on your list
- Send your list to the Library for review
Video: How to edit your Resource List (07:56)
- Video: How to edit your Resource List
- This video is to provide help for course organisers with editing their Resource Lists.
Updated for Sem 1 2020/21 This guide will show course organisers how to:
- Add a new resources to your list
- Request a book purchase or check for e-book availability
- Request a copyright-compliant digitisation
Guide: Manage your course reading (PDF)
Video: How to manage your course reading (06:05)
- Video: How to manage your course reading
- This is a video guide on how to manage your course reading in Leganto
Students can't access their list from there Learn course if you don't make the Resource List link available.
If your School is using the Learn Foundations course template, the Resource List link is on the Library Resources page: make sure the Resource Lists link is made available to students.
If your School is not using the Learn Foundations template and the link to the Resource List is on the main menu of the Learn course, make sure that the link is unhidden and the score through the box has been removed.
To make your list available to students in Learn, check:
- The Resource List is published
- The list is associated with the correct course code
- The Resource List link in the Learn menu is unhidden or made available.
This guide will help students to:
- Find a Resource List
- Use the features available to view a list, search for items and manage their reading
- Export a Resource List as a bibliography
Video: Resource Lists for students (4:04)
- Video: Resource Lists for students
- This is a video guide for students on Resource Lists
Resource Lists Clinic (via Teams)
If you would like some help using Resource Lists, or have a question about the service, you can arrange a phone or video call with the Library Learning Services team via Microsoft Teams. We are available on Tuesdays, 2pm – 4pm, and Thursdays, 10am – 12pm.
To arrange an appointment, please email Library.Learning@ed.ac.uk. Please let us know your preferred time when you get in touch.
Resource Lists blog
The Resource Lists blog is regularly updated with tips and ideas for making the most of the service.