Information for Students
Resource Lists provide quick and easy access to a wide range of course resources so you can spend more time on your course reading.
Go to Resource Lists
What are Resource Lists?
Resource Lists are online reading lists which provide easy access to key course reading. Resource Lists show the location and availability information for print books used on a course and include links to ebooks and digitisations of chapters supplied by the Library. They may also contain links to journal articles, websites, podcasts or videos.
Course Organisers tag resources on a list to indicate priority. The three tags used are: 'Essential', 'Recommended' and 'Further reading'. The Library will have made sure that all 'Essential' and 'Recommended' titles are available either in print or online.
What are the benefits of Resource Lists?
- Resource Lists provide easy access to all your course reading
- Spend less time searching and more time reading key course reading
- Sort or filter your list by resource type (ebook, journal article etc) and by priority ('Essential', 'Recommended' or 'Further reading')
- Create your own 'collection' of useful resources
- Export your list in your preferred citation style to a Word document or PDF
- Access your Resource List from your course in Learn or Moodle
Using Resource Lists
Resource Lists student guide
This guide will help students to:
- Find a Resource List
- Use the features available to view a list, search for items and manage their reading
- Export a Resource List as a bibliography
- Video: Resource Lists for students
- This is a video guide for students on Resource Lists
Find your resource list
You can access your Resource List from your course page in Learn or Moodle. Alternatively, you can search for your list on the Resource Lists homepage.
Can't find a resource list for your course?
Not all courses use Resource Lists yet. You can still browse other lists and you might also consider asking your lecturer to use the Resource Lists service. They can contact the Library for more information.
Can't access something on your list?
If the links to any of the items on your list aren't working, please contact the IS Helpline.
Help and support
If you have any questions about Resource Lists, please contact Library Learning Services.