Discover and re-use data
Support for the discovery, use, management and learning about datasets for analysis, learning and teaching.
We curate a list of external resources to help you discover and re-use existing data. We can help you to:
- find data freely available on the internet or through University of Edinburgh subscriptions, or to purchase datasets;
- direct you to subject specialists and resources;
- get started with advice on your specific data needs. We can match your research topic to data resources including surveys, censuses, mapping and databases;
- apply for access to and acquire data from national and international data services;
- make sense of dataset documentation;
- make decisions about sharing your data such as: documenting, versioning, anonymising, licensing, formatting, citing and preserving data, including choosing an appropriate repository; and
- analyse and visualise microdata online, and download user-defined subsets of data in formats conversant with statistical analysis packages such as SAS, SPSS and Stata.
Data Providers: UK
Data Providers: International
Get personalised assistance
Contact the Research Data Service staff to discuss your particular data requirements and get help sourcing data or working with datasets, by email, phone or a one to one meeting. We can also tailor training to your class or research group.