DataVault privacy notice
How personally identifying information collected by the DataVault system is processed
About this notice
This notice provides information about how the University of Edinburgh uses the personal information of staff and students who use the DataVault.
What information may we collect about you?
We collect, use and store the following categories of personal data:
- your details such as name, UUN and email address when you login with EASE
- research data and associated documentation
How will we use the information about you?
The information will be used by the University of Edinburgh to:
- manage your account
- maintain accurate and up-to-date records
- process any complaint you submit
- maintain or develop systems and processes
- meet legislative, statutory, contractual and audit requirements
- improve service levels
- update you on service changes, improvements and downtimes
- archiving of research data
The legal basis for this is your contract with the University. We will not share your personal data with any third party and will retain it for as long as you have data stored in the DataVault.
All personal data will be processed in accordance with the University's Data Protection Policy:
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
For the continuation of this privacy notice, please see