Notice and take-down policy
What the Scholarly Communications Team will do if you believe content in Edinburgh Research Archive infringes any person's rights, or applicable UK laws.
Every effort has been made to ensure that content in PURE and ERA does not infringe any person's rights, or applicable UK laws. Should you discover content in PURE or ERA that you believe to be illegal, or infringes any of your statutory rights, you may contact the repository staff who will review the complaint. Please contact the Scholarly Communications Team in writing stating the following:
- Your contact details.
- The full details of the material.
- The exact and full URL (web addess) where you found the material.
- If the request relates to copyright, provide proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative.
- The reason for your request, including but not limited to, copyright law, privacy laws, data protection, obscenity, defamation etc.
On receipt of your complaint, Scholarly Communications Team staff will:
- Make an initial assessment of its validity
- Acknowledge receipt of the complaint by email
- For all but spurious complaints, cease access to the item that is subject to complaint
- Refer the complaint to the University's Legal Advisor for comment and advice
- Seek to verify your identity and authority as complainant.
When the Repository Manager has verified the authenticity of your complaint and has been advised that it is ostensibly legitimate, the file will be removed from public access, leaving behind the bibliographic record describing the record.
If the Legal Advisor confirms that it does not breach any law then the item will be reinstated.
- Email: email@example.com
Floor F East, Argyle House
3 Lady Lawson Street
- Post Code
- EH3 9DR
You can book a one-to one video consultation with an expert from our team. If you want to find out more about open access (journals, funding, policies etc ), Copyright & Intellectual Property, General publishing activities (request an ISBN or DOI), or research metrics (using SciVal or Scopus) please contact our team via email to book a session at a time that suits you.