The Scholarly Communications Team supports University staff and students before, during and after publication of their research.
Open Access Service
Our team can help you comply with your research funder's open access requirements. Get in touch with us and we can advise what the best course of action is depending on your circumstances whether that is:
- depositing a copy of your paper in an open access repository (Green open access)
- paying an Article Processing Charge (APC) to a publisher (paid Gold open access)
- finding a free Gold open access journal to publish in.
We can advise you on what financial support is available to pay for Gold open access, and what publisher memberships and discounts are available to University staff and students.
Our team offers support before, during and after the publication process. Some examples of what we can help with include:
- impartial advice on signing publishing agreements and contracts for journal articles and books,
- offering a platform to publish reports, research briefings and other literature,
- allocating ISBNs and DOIs for new research outputs,
- avoiding predatory or bogus journals, or support if you have publication issues,
- tracking downloads, citations and alternative metrics.
Journal Hosting Service
We help academics and students start their own cost-effective online journals by:
- providing a hosting platform, with registration of ISSN and DOI,
- migrating existing titles and any archives,
- giving training and ongoing advice, guidance and technical support.