Self-service in the Main Library
When the Helpdesk is not staffed there are still a number of services that registered library users have access to on a self-service basis.
Staff on duty during self-service hours are solely there for safety and security purposes and disability access (contact through the Reception desk).
Self-service options and access to services:
- Access to the HUB collection and requested items (for blue and yellow borrower card holders only)
- Access to computer labs (blue card holders only)
- Access to study space
- Self-issue of material (for library users with no blocks on their record)
- Self-issue of laptops (only for fully matriculated students already registered with this service)
- Online payment of fines (via DiscoverEd)
- Self-return of material (when library building is closed users can return material through the book box available beside the front entrance)
- Access to Online Print Credit channel in MyEd which students and staff can use to put money on their printing/photocopying account.
- Self-service printing/photocopying/scanning - only available to users with smartcards (yellow card holders need to be registered for this service)
- Limited access to lockers and study rooms
Services that are not available during self-service hours include:
- Face-to-face and telephone enquiries e.g. related to library stock, renewals, holds, recalls, WiFi, printing, library lockers, etc.
- Registration for external borrower and reference cards
- University Card Services
- Issue of uncatalogued material
- Centre for Research Collections, including Special Collections