Access to Main Library
Entrance to the Main Library building is by valid University card or Library card only.
- All registered students and staff of the University of Edinburgh can access the Library with their blue University smartcard.
- All registered external users can access the Library with their yellow smartcard.
- Unregistered users and guests should report to the Reception desk on arrival.
- Out of Helpdesk staffed hours access to the Library building is only guaranteed for smartcard holders.
- Those who wish to request first cards or replacement cards need to visit the Helpdesk during staffed hours.