Information Services

English Language Education ( Formerly ELTC)

Overseas students undertaking language courses with English Language Education (Formerly ELTC) are welcome to register with University of Edinburgh Library for reference purposes.


Membership Notes
Reference (consultation only) Free. Membership lasts for the duration of your course.

What do I need to bring?

Membership Documentation
Reference (consultation only) Photographic ID AND an official letter from English Language Education.

* ELE will supply you with an official letter, confirming that you are studying with them and the duration of your study.

What does my card entitle me to?

Details of what your card entitles you to at the University Library can be found on the following page.

Further information

Registration can take place at any library site but can only take place during Helpdesk staffed hours. You may fill in the application form online before visiting the library.

Please note that registration ceases 20 minutes prior to the Helpdesk closing.

Self-registration form

Your library card can be used in the Main Library and all site libraries. Access to departmental or class libraries in not available.

Library locations

Replacement cards (lost, stolen or expired)

If your reference card is lost, stolen or damaged you can get it replaced at a card helpdesk for a £10 fee.

If your card expires you must apply for a new one. To do this you must register with the library again and provide the required documentation as detailed above. All required documentation must be provided.

Replacement cards

Privacy Notice for Library Self-Registration

This privacy notice explains what personal information the University holds about those joining as library members. It explains why we hold this information, what we do with it, how long we keep it for and if we share it with third parties.

Privacy Notice for Library Self-Registration 

Related Links

ELE website