Information Services

Scotland's Rural College (formerly Scottish Agricultural College)

Edinburgh University Library has a reciprocal borrowing agreement with the Scotland's Rural College (SRUC) Library. This allows all current staff and matriculated students at University of Edinburgh free borrowing at SRUC.

How do I register?

You must complete an application form. You can pick up an application form from the EdHelp Service desk in the Main Library, or any site Library Helpdesk, or you can download the form:


Bring the completed form and your staff ID or student matriculation card to the EdHelp Service desk in the Main Library or a site Library Helpdesk. If you have any blocks on your library record e.g. fines of over £20, then these blocks will have to be cleared before your application can be approved. Library staff must authorise the application form.

Registration is for a maximum of 1 year, or the end of your contract or course, if this is sooner.

Registering with the Scotland's Rural College Library

  • Check the library websites for their opening hours and other local admissions or access conditions before your first visit. If you will need specialist help during your visit, you must contact the library in advance.
  • Take your authorised application form and your current staff ID or student matriculation card along with you. If your form has not been authorised then Scotland's Rural College Library will not be able to register you.
  • Abide by the rules of the library you wish to use. You will be responsible for any fines or replacement costs incurred.
  • Any books borrowed from Scotland's Rural College Library must be returned to that library. Scotland's Rural College Library books can not be returned at Edinburgh University Library.