Mi-Fi unit Loan Service for students in financial hardship
Mi-Fi units are available to students in financial hardship.
Mi-Fi units are wireless routers that act as a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot, allowing you to connect your devices to the Internet.
The units are available to those who are:
- care leavers
- acting as a carer
- in receipt of a University bursary based on household income
- in receipt of discretionary and hardship funds
- in severe financial difficulty
This is to ensure these units help those who are most in need.
To be considered, please contact your local school student support, or Personal Tutor, or the EUSA Advice Place. The staff member should then send a nomination on your behalf to Edhelp using this form, stating the details of the user they are nominating and the reasoning. Students cannot self nominate.
We aim to process Mi-Fi requests within a week, but there may be a delay during busier periods at the beginning of each semester. We will process requests as soon as we can and notify both the student and member of staff who placed the nomination when a Mi-Fi unit is ready for collection. Users are normally required to collect the Mi-Fi unit from the Main Library. We are unable to ship Mi-Fi units internationally. Please do not come to collect the device until you have been notified by email that it is ready.
If you have any queries, please contact the EdHelp team who are there to assist you.
Terms and Conditions
By borrowing a Mi-Fi unit, you are agreeing to the below terms and conditions:
- Mi-Fi units on loan remain the property of the University of Edinburgh. We reserve the right to recall the unit if required.
- You will be expected to return the Mi-Fi unit and accessories at the end of the current Academic Year, or at the end of your time as a matriculated student at the University if you cease to be a student before the end of the Academic Year.
- At the end of the loan period, you will be will be expected to return your Mi-Fi unit and accessories to University premises and will be emailed guidance on how to do this.
- The Mi-Fi unit is for your sole use and must not be transferred.
- Any correspondence relating to Mi-Fi unit loans will be sent by email to your University account.
- You are responsible for the safety and security of the Mi-Fi unit and accessories whilst the unit is on loan to you. Please do not leave it unattended.
- Theft, loss or damage to the Mi-Fi unit or accessories may result in charges for repair, or replacement costs.
- You must report any damage, theft or loss of the Mi-Fi unit or accessories to the EdHelp Team as soon as you become aware of a problem. It may not always be possible to issue you a replacement, so please look after your Mi-Fi unit.
- You may only borrow one Mi-Fi unit.