How do I request an item which is on loan?
If an item is already on loan to another library user you can place a request through DiscoverEd.
You can have up to 10 requests on your record at one time; this includes requests waiting to be collected.
- Click on 'Sign in'.
- Click on the 'University Login Users' option.
- If you don’t know your password please contact the IS Helpline or speak to a member of staff at a Library Helpdesk.
- Search DiscoverEd for the item you require and click on the title of the item.
- If an item is already on loan you can place a request on this. Check to see that there are no copies available before placing your request.
- Click on 'Request'.
- Complete the request form. You may need to confirm the material type and your preferred pick up location from the options listed. Items must be collected from one of the pick-up locations listed.
Your request has been made. You will be notified when and where the item is available for you to collect and how long it will be reserved for you.