Payment of Fines
Fines of more than £20.00 block Library Account access and should be paid off in full before borrowing rights are restored. Fines can be paid in the following ways.
Payments for fines of any amount can be made online using a credit or debit card. To pay your fines online you must log in to your DiscoverEd account. Your online library account lists the items you have borrowed with their due dates and also allows you to view your fines and fees.
- Click on 'Sign In to DiscoverEd' and then 'My Account'.
- Click on the 'University Login Users' option.
- If you don't know your password please contact the IS Helpline or speak to a member of staff at a Library Helpdesk.
- You will be shown your personal library account which will include any books you have on loan, historic loans, requests you have made, fines and any potential fines if you have overdue books.
Paying your fines in DiscoverEd
Once logged into your Library account:
- You can click on “Fines & Fees” to view any fines and fees you have on your account.
- You can click on the “Pay all fines/fees” link in order to pay all of your fines and fees. If you think that you have been incorrectly fined, please do not pay your fines online – please contact the IS Helpline or speak to a member of staff at a Library Helpdesk.
As a result of hygiene measures required in light of Covid-19, payments cannot be made by cash, card or cheque. If you wish to appeal your fine, you can do this at any library Helpdesk by completing an Appeal form. Alternative formats are available on request. Our staff aim to reply by email within 3 working days. All forms are kept strictly confidential.
If you prefer, your appeal can be made using our online form.