Library Services Update
Information about using Library services
This page will be kept up to date with information about Library & University Collections facilities and services.
Your University student card is also your library card, you will need it to access library buildings and borrow print materials. Please use the links below to find updated information on how to request and receive your card.
Visitors and External users
We ask that all Visitors and External users email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before visiting.
If you have a question about joining the library as an External user please see the Joining the Library page.
Study spaces on a walk up basis are available across all library sites. There are also a small number of bookable study spaces on the 3rd and 5th floors of the Main Library in George Square.
For more information on study spaces please use the links below.
Library Updates Newsletter Library Updates is a monthly online newsletter, sharing the latest news on library services, resources and projects.
Although most SCONUL Access scheme member libraries continue to participate in the scheme, some may not be open to all users. Please check with each library before you visit.
We ask that all Visitors and External users (including SCONUL Access users) email us at email@example.com before visiting University of Edinburgh libraries.
For more information, please follow links below.
Frequently Used Services
- Library Opening Hours
- Finding Resources
- Borrowing books and other resources
- Returns, fines and notices
- Interlibrary Loans
- Request A Book
- Heritage Collections
Library opening hours may have to change in response to adverse weather or the COVID-19 situation. Please check our web pages before you visit, and for the latest updates, follow our twitter feeds at @isalerts, @EdUniLibrary&Museums and @EdUniMainLib.
Help and support
- Coronavirus Updates - University page with the latest news about the institution's response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- EdHelp - For general queries about library services or any other student support
- Academic Support Librarians - For support with finding and using resources for research, teaching or study
- Resource Lists - For help with accessing and using resource lists
- Donations - For advice about donating materials to the library