Times Higher Education
University of Edinburgh current staff and students have access to Times Higher Education via a University-wide subscription which is managed by the Library.
With our institutional subscription, you can read online articles and page through digital editions of the weekly magazine using the THE website.
This service provides access to daily news and weekly editions. You can also access full text dating back to January 2013, with an archive of earlier articles that can be searched.
You also have the option to set up e-mail alerts for news stories, newsletters, and the publication of the weekly edition.
Access is enabled via a personal account which is associated with the University using your official University e-mail address (ending .ed.ac.uk)
Registering as a first-time user
You can register for an account to access our institutional subscription.
If you are registering to access the Times Higher Education for the first time please follow these instructions so that your personal THE account is associated with the University's institutional subscription:
- From the Times Higher Education website click on the user account icon (i.e. the red person icon towards the top right)
- Register using your University of Edinburgh email address ending @ed.ac.uk
- Choose a username and password (please note that your username will appear in public facing parts of the site – for example if you choose to leave comments on articles)
- Click on Join us at the bottom and you will be logged in
- You will receive a confirmation email
Once you have successfully registered your personal account, just click on Login the next time you use the service.
Access Digital Editions
- the Digital Editions section allows you to page through the weekly magazine, and download it for offline reading.
- To access digital editions of Times Higher Education, go to https://www.timeshighereducation.com/digital-editions
- Then simply select the issue you want to view.
Still need help?
If you require further information about setting up your access for the library subscription to Times Higher Education then please contact the Library :