Information about BrowZine, which provides additional ways of viewing and connecting to University of Edinburgh Library resources
What is BrowZine?
BrowZine presents many of the scholarly journals available via Library subscriptions, and also open access content, in an easy-to-use platform designed to allow browsing of journal content.
Additional, personal account features include My Articles and My Bookshelf.
- My Articles enables offline reading of saved articles.
- Use My Bookshelf to follow titles of interest and be notified when new articles are published.
- Integration with EndNote and other reference management software tools is available.
BrowZine links in DiscoverEd
The following links to BrowZine may appear when you are searching DiscoverEd:
- View Issue Contents - browse other articles from the same issue of the journal.
- View Journal Contents - browse other issues of the journal which are available on BrowZine.
BrowZine on the web
There is a web version of BrowZine.
- For access to the web version of BrowZine it may be necessary to "Choose my Library" and select University of Edinburgh.
BrowZine for smartphone and tablet
To install the BrowZine app on your smartphone or table, go to Get Started with BrowZine! from its owners, Third Iron.
- Download the BrowZine App (Third Iron) from the App Store for your device.
- Choose Library, Select University of Edinburgh and use your University login when prompted.
When to look beyond BrowZine
BrowZine does not contain all scholarly journal content available to staff and students of The University of Edinburgh and journal issues often only begin at 2005 at the earliest on BrowZine.
Know what has been published on a topic and is available from The Library by using DiscoverEd's search features.
Know what has been published on a topic by using appropriate abstracting and indexing databases in your subject area.
Help finding relevant academic literature for your work
Academic Support Librarians provide guidance on academic literature searching, referencing, use of reference management software tools and locating the full-text of what you need. Help in those areas as well as contact details for the Academic Support Librarian for your School or Deanery are on the relevant Library Subject Guide.